When it comes to Days of our Lives, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the Days of our Lives week that was.
Days of our Lives: A Critic’s Week In Review
What follows is a sort of stream-of-consciousness writing as I reflect on Days of our Lives’s most recent offerings. Here I, you, we go…
* When in doubt over what to do with a character, play them opposite Suzanne Rogers’s Maggie Kiriakis. It worked with Xander Cook (Paul Telfer), it kinda sorta worked with Melanie and Daniel Jonas – I personally still hate them – and it’s definitely working with Alexander Neil Kiriakis (Robert Scott Wilson).
* Leann Hunley’s Anna DiMera taking in Jake DiMera’s former abode and reacting as if she’d stepped into another dimension is the very definition of laugh-out-loud funny. Also, I think that Salem should just disband their police services and simply allow Anna, Xander, and Sarah Horton (Linsey Godfrey) to bust the evildoers. The latter two would do the legwork – and be all kinds of sexy and cute – and Anna would get by on her well-honed instincts.
Sign up to get our latest news and spoilers newsletters!
* Remington Hoffman, AKA Li Shin, looks mighty sinister in that black turtleneck. Give him a white cat to stroke and you’ve got yourself a Blofeld [James Bond character].
* I can’t quite decide if Kayla Brady Johnson (Mary Beth Evans) is underreacting, or if Steve Johnson (Stephen Nichols) is overreacting to Orpheus’s (George DelHoyo) offering.
* What is with Sonny Kiriakis’s (Zach Tinker) antiquated attitude when it comes to sex in general and a woman’s own attitude on the same subject in particular?
* Can this Sloan Peterson (Jessica Serfaty) person be any more of a bad houseguest? Also, wasn’t Peterson the surname that Chad (Billy Flynn) lived with for the first half of his life? Coincidence? Yea, probably. This is Days of our Lives after all.
* Please, please, please tell me that Jack Deveraux (Matthew Ashford) is not, once again, team Gwen Rizczech (Emily O’Brien).
* Awww…I was really, really hoping that we’d get to see Sarah and Xander back in sleuthing mode – but I guess Rafe Hernandez (Galen Gering) hauling Gwen downtown while the duo watched is satisfying enough.
* After seeing that running to Gabi Hernandez DiMera (Camila Banus) with the news of Kristen DiMera’s (Stacy Haiduk) attempt to slice and dice her accomplished nothing, why doesn’t Chloe Lane (Nadia Bjorlin) just tattle to HR? Turnabout is fair play after all.
* When in doubt over how to appease Dr. Wilhelm Rolf (Richard Wharton), always stroke that massive ego of his. Li knows how it’s done!
Further DAYS Musings
* Days of Our Lives’s Finest Dialogue:
Jada: What is this room used for?
Chad: Storing wine mostly…and some other stuff. Like, holding people against their will.
Jada: Ever consider just sealing it off?
Chad: Where would we store our wine?
Shawn: The [DiMera] tunnels. My mother-in-law and my sister-in-law were both held captive there. More than once.
Jada: What is with everyone in this town acting like that’s completely normal?
Looking for more puzzles? We have your fix!
Days of our Lives (DOOL) airs weekdays on NBC. Check your local listings for airtimes. For more about what’s coming up in Salem, check out all the latest that’s been posted on DAYS spoilers, and for an in-depth look at the show’s history, click here.